Wednesday, 19 September 2007

Responsibility and freedom


I read in the following link:
La responsabilidad tiene que ver con la libertad o autonomía del individuo así como su capacidad de comprometerse consigo mismo y con otros hasta el punto de responder de sus acciones.

Today I have something to highlight (at least, not always a boring life).
I have fallen asleep. :D

I am not really used to hands of the clocks, I grew up using digital clocks in my childhood. So I got a little problem today...
My present clock has a small rectangle with the digital hour, so I use to pay more attention to the digital, I usually guide myself with the minute hand so it was 8:10h, spare time to arrive to work.
Arrive at the DLR station, the carriage is almost empty O_O'... strange check the hour X:47 a bit late but not so late (why I did not see the hour is explained by the psychology of perception).

Arrive to Bank... where the hell are the crowds??? Is there a strike? Anything? Look again. 9:53 oups...

Funny is that nobody realized I was late, that is because my job requires lot of autonomy... in those situations I wonder why would happen is somebody in my position just eludes responsibility, I know a bunch of people who will not be able to do it, lack of discipline...

On the other hand, if they realized nobody probably would say anything... it happened two years ago in Hong Kong in probably the most embarrassing moment of my life...

No comments: